The Portneuf Health Trust works to enhance the health of our residents of the communities we serve. PHT provides grants to different health organizations and leads initiatives and partners with organizations to improve health in our communities in innovative ways. Some of those recent efforts include:
- Forming a coalition with local governments, agencies and our local university to help reorganize the Pocatello Free clinic into a highly functional medical and dental clinic that sees approximately five times the medical and dental patients it was able to prior.
- Investing in medical and dental equipment for organizations such as Health West and the Pocatello Free Clinic.
- Investing in a new refrigerated truck for the Idaho Food Bank allowing for much more fresh fruits and vegetables to be delivered to some of the region’s most underprivileged populations.
- Working to provide a free wellness program for the community through social media support, walking programs and investing in school activity programs. Together with the community, we have helped drive the obesity rate down, and will continue working on disease prevention and population health efforts.
- Together with our community partners, our local governments and community leaders, we are grateful to be part of many more health improvement successes and continue to work on new innovations in healthy communities.
We own and develop assets supporting our mission of improved community health. Some of those assets include:
- Portneuf Health Trust and Ardent Health Services own the premier regional hospital, Portneuf Medical Center.
- Own and operate PHT Real Estate Holdings with over 100,000 square feet of specialized medical space.
- The acquisition and development of the $17 million, 80 acre, physical activity based, Portneuf Wellness Complex. The complex was designed for all ages, abilities and economic level to get the community active, and also is a great resource for community pride, recreation, and events. We built and paid for this asset and have humbly gifted this world class complex to Bannock County (and the regions citizens) who now own and operate the facility.