Portneuf Health Trust, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that owns Portneuf Medical Center in a joint venture with Ardent Health Services.
The Trust utilizes its resources to drive major initiatives in Bannock County and the wider region to improve the health profile of the communities served by Portneuf Medical Center.
The staff at Portneuf Health Trust follows a disciplined methodology in its decisions regarding investment and project implementation:
- Examine data and input from organizations in the region to identify critical needs and gaps in the community’s health.
- Identify opportunities to address those needs and gaps, and best practices.
- Choose critical community partners and engage with them on a collaborative basis to address the need.
- Form a plan and execute with community partners to effect fundamental changes in the region’s health.
Enhance and improve the health of Southeast Idaho and surrounding areas.
Portneuf Health Trust will be a successful initiative-driven leader in improving health in our community. Portneuf Health Trust will be recognized as a model for other health foundations throughout the country.
One of Portneuf Health Trust’s primary obligations is ownership in Portneuf Medical Center and stewardship of those assets. To that end, Portneuf Health Trust strives to support the following values for PMC:
- Local and regional strength
- Clinical excellence
- Commitment to physicians
- Commitment to future capital investment in PMC
- Public and not-for-profit hospital characteristics
- Access to care regardless of ability to pay
- Community care beyond PMC’s facilities
- Commitment to the community
- Reporting the benefit to the community
- Maintain local governance
- Medical community and management experience
- Regulatory compliance
- Financial stability and efficiency